Using Word For Dictation
A simple way to use computers in a multimedia way. Best of all, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to prepare this activity and you should get about 20 minutes of student work from it.
#Mac Users: I couldn't find a way to get Word to record on my Mac.
- Get the file here: template
- Open it on your computer
- Right-click the speaker icon and select record.
- Record your question. e.g. "Quid nomen tibi est?"
- Repeat for as many questions as you have.
- Save the document with a meaningful name
- Put your document in a shared folder for download, or (if it fits) on a floppy.
- Get the document.
- Double click on the speaker icon.
- Listen to the question. Type what you hear in the column next to the speaker icon.
- Type an appropriate response in the column next to the question.
- Save the document with your name.
If you have any suggestions, please let us know.